my sandisk usb got write protected.. looking for help to remove it ....

CLoudZELL91

Baseband Member
hi all.. my sandisk cruzer glide
( https://www.sandisk.com/content/dam/sandisk-main/en_us/portal-assets/product-images/retail-products/... )
.. got write protected. accedentally.. i already done the regedit method, the cmd/command prompt method and failed,, and now i do not know what to do.. i guess the sandisk cruzer glide has no lock ryt? so hope someone help me... that flash drive.. is almost 4/5 years on me now.. want to fix it.. :(

thanks

note: i have a similar topic in different forum but no reply..hoping to have some here.. thanks.

right click the drive in windows explorer and click properties. somewhere there will be a check box with read-only checked, uncheck it.

right click the drive in windows explorer and click properties. somewhere there will be a check box with read-only checked, uncheck it.

yep in the permission area in the advance sharing sections.. the "read" box is check so i uncheck it and. done i SOLVE it thanks. sir!! :p:

So how did you write protect it on accident? Need some more info on what you did to help you undo it.

So how did you write protect it on accident? Need some more info on what you did to help you undo it.
hi carnage..thats a " ? " on me.. at night i use it,still put files on my flash.. but on the next morning when am gonna put a files again or delete it says write-protected, i even uncheck single files that has read only check box... but still after i apply it, close and open again the read-only check box still keeps in check.. i run it with antivirus and malware cleaners and nothing found..

i even try the flashdrive(right click)>properties>security tab>advance>... but cant do changes or anything ..bcoz of the write protected right :(

So you didn't explicitly enable anything?

Is it a frequently used flash drive? Possible that it just ran out of write-cycles and turned read-only if it's an older flash drive that was used very frequently.

So you didn't explicitly enable anything?

Is it a frequently used flash drive? Possible that it just ran out of write-cycles and turned read-only if it's an older flash drive that was used very frequently.

yup i didnt enable anything.. coz i just copy/remove/add file.. yes its frequently used flash drive,.. i can say also that its old.. bought this in 2012..

so any solutions?...or it will be put in my museum? :(

Try it on another computer. Or if you don't have access to an other computer, boot off of a Linux LiveCD and see if you can access it from there.

If you can't even from one of the above options...then I'd say the flash drive is dead and it's just time to buy a new one. They're cheap enough nowadays for large capacities.

Try it on another computer. Or if you don't have access to an other computer, boot off of a Linux LiveCD and see if you can access it from there.

If you can't even from one of the above options...then I'd say the flash drive is dead and it's just time to buy a new one. They're cheap enough nowadays for large capacities.
ok carnage i will try on linux later.... and yes i tried in multiple windows computers still no avail.

Back
Top Bottom