MABM Blocking Malicious IP's

donetao

Banned
Hi Had this problem before while logged on to this site.
MBAM blocking IP's from UKraine this time. Last time they were from Liberia.
Please advise!:eek:
Thank you!
Gary!
IP 78.111.187

Attachments

• Capture69.jpg
    Capture69.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 7
It's a drive by shooting. By it showing up as blocked means the software is doing it's job. Don't sweat the small stuff Gary.

Also since I can't post in the log reading forum, I'll put this here. In your computer hope print out it shows no firewall or anti virus. IMO you're putting too much blind faith in the MBAM software. You always have multiple layers of security. If nothing else turn on the windows firewall. It's better than nothing. You might ask the guys here about having one of the free anti virus programs. Unless you're like me and willing to pay for the good stuff.

Last edited:
Hi seti! Thanks for your reply. You are appreciated. I'm not sure why my Hi-Jack log is showing that. I do have windows firewall turned on and I'm using MSE.
I know MSE is not the best anti-virus there is, but I have been using it for years and I consider myself a safe suffer. I have used Avast and Avira in the past. I know you use a paid version. I don't understand why Computer Hope is showing that.
PS I won't sweat the drive bys. Just wanted to let the forum know in case there might be some thing going on here! Good old MBAM comes through again. Love my MBAM premium !
Thanks seti!
Gary

That's why I said take those online HJT log scanner results with a grain of salt.

If your system is reporting your firewall to be on, then you can assume it's on and working.

Hi carnage! Thanks for your reply. I'll take it with a grain of salt??
Just looking for some help with malware. Was hoping this program would be the answer.
Doesn't look to promising. Can't detect my AV or firewall. Hard to trust a program like that.
OH well. Maybe one day I'll find a program to help read malware logs.

Could be something as simple as a ping.
There are 8 advert sites/cookies associated with this forum
2 - from google
edge - quant serve
cdn social knowlege.com
i42.tiny.pc.com
stats.g.double click.net
connect.facebook.net
www.tech-forums.net

Last edited:
Only 2 of them aren't FB related, according to Privacy Badger:
h8cXBTR.png