Help with MD5 familiarity

Swanonymous

Beta member
Hello,

I'm new here but this is primarily a white hat mission. A friend of mine legitmately had her Facebook hacked. When we archived her data we could see the IP's and we know who the person is but we need a little more to demonstrate *how* this person did this. Some IP's were not disguised but some came out to the 32 hex for MD5 encryption/hacking.

Could anyone recommend a site that is actually proper and good at decryting these things (or a free programme). Similarly, is there anyone that has a video, etc. that shows how it can be done (to increase likelihood factors for warrants)--long story--but my friend has someone out to get her her electronically and there's already a police file on it because this other person doesn't want her to testify against him in court for something. There's some unsolicited background for why I need help with MD5.

-Swanonymous

Tons of reverse MD5 converters online.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rev...5.3138j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Though honestly...instead of "going after" this person I would take preventative measures.

Change all online account passwords/security questions (emails/social networking/forums/etc.) on a KNOWN CLEAN computer. Disconnect her PC from the internet and scan for malware using Malwarebytes Antimalware, HiJackThis (post the log here once you scan with it), AdwCleaner, and run Panda Antirootkit.

While doing this, unplug the modem for the required amount of time for the public IP to reset. It could be anywhere from 1 hour to 24 hours...just depends on the ISP. I'd recommend a full 24 hours at least. You can double check that her public IP has been reset by visiting IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup before and after unplugging the modem from power. If the IP is the same...then it wasn't unplugged long enough, or you need to call the ISP and ask if you can get the public IP released to them because they seemed to be being targeted by malicious software. If the IP is different..then you're good to go.

Thank you, for the tips and advice--much we have already done. We're not going after him, we just need to figure out *how* he could have got into her phone. It was something the PI and lawyer wanted. It wasn't very secure in the first place so that made it easy but it is now.

On another note, someone suggested ipv6. Could you, or anyone, provide some reliable information on that and a decrypter for that?

Thanks again for the dec. resources. Many I've tried weren't much help.

-Swan

Thanks. I'm having the hardest time with this though. Could you, or someone, convert this to a normal IP address and anything that came with that information (DNS, proxied, etc.)?

[FONT=&quot]2600:1002:b02c:b077:83fd:3e32:fe97:5fca

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2600:1002:b10d:e68:c916:bee8:c58b:aee7[/FONT]

Thanks.

Ran through a WHOIS and says it's coming through a cell-based source, contracted through Verizon.

Back
Top Bottom