Active Program Monitoring

Filerist

Solid State Member
Hello,

I'll be having an exam on a website in the near future. Our university told us that we will be using the www.moodle.com platform. They are trying to scare us into thinking that they can monitor our activities outside the website, for example: that they can see if we have a doc file open etc.

So, my question would be: is it possible or are they just lying to us so they would scare us into thinking that they see what we are doing?

Hello,

I'll be having an exam on a website in the near future. Our university told us that we will be using the www.moodle.com platform. They are trying to scare us into thinking that they can monitor our activities outside the website, for example: that they can see if we have a doc file open etc.

So, my question would be: is it possible or are they just lying to us so they would scare us into thinking that they see what we are doing?

They are not legally allowed to monitor your personal computers.

Making changes in Moodle itself is tracked.

https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Logs

But not your personal browsing on devices you own personally.

Technically anyone can be tracked or monitored with the right software or code, but in this instance your school would defo not do this, maybe if they provide you with school devices, i would expect they should do.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom