We need a new RPG!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybeans

In Runtime
It's great that Doom 3 has FINALLY come out and HL2 is on the way but I'm in the mood for a new RPG. Something like Morrowind but with better graphics, or another Final Fantasy Tactics for the computer, something that includes more characters, spells, weapons and better graphics. It just seems that RPGs have been on the sidelines lately and we need more!

Neverwinter Nights 2 is comming, but we have to wait till 2006 :( They should put out another expansion to original NWN or some other D&D based RPG, for they are the best. Knights of the Old Republic 2 is comming out around the holidays for those interested in Star Wars RPGs. A little different feel from the fantasy based ones, but still good RPGs.

the problem with these rpgs is that they take forever to make in terms of content and stuff.... and often the case is that a good rpg take 6 years or so to be completed.... and my that time the engine is tottally out dated and the game looks like crap which turns everyone off(Morrowind, Baulders Gate 2, Mokey Island).

its unfortunate but its the truth... man, i miss my rpgs

STAR WARS :- KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. I am currently playing it, so I do not know how long it takes to complete.

Otherwise, if you want an RPG that is pretty simple and easy to finish while you hold out for HL2, you might want to have a look at Anachronox

I liked this game as it did have an easy learning curve, and you can finish it in about 30 hours of play.

[EDIT]If you get Anachronox, make sure you download the patch from Planet Anchronox. There is a magor glich on one of the movie squences that make you fall off the map.
Apart from that, it's an enjoyable game.
[/EDIT]

Forceflow said:
the problem with these rpgs is that they take forever to make in terms of content and stuff....

Depends... there are some short ones out there. Anachronox is one of them.

I do know that your typical Final Fantasy is about 40+ hours (and that is not including the side missions)

If you are a really sick puppy, there is Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator .
That game claimed about 90 hours of my life before I sead "F*** THIS SHIT!!!!" And I was only about 50% way though, and i was using a walkthru at the time too. (Because there is some places were you need it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom