use joystick/mouse first player shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I was wondering if one should use a joystick or a mouse for first player shooter like wolfenstein 3D/unreal tournament?

what is best?

You will get perforated for a pastime if you use a Joystick in a First Person Shooter. Keep the Joystick for your flight sims.

rookie1010 said:
what do you mean by perforated for a pastime?

He means you'll get constantly perforated by enemy bullets (shot up). Its really difficult to control a first person shooter with a joystick since joysticks are not meant to be used for FPS's. A mouse and keyboard will give you much better precision and control.

I dont know, im going to have to disagree. My friend plays counterstrike with a joystick and mouse and he can tear it up. Having the joystick as the move works well with being able to move at variable speeds for peeking around corners and walking around without having to hold down a random button while hitting the others. Granted its odd, but it definately works for him as he could kick my ass anyday with his joystick/mouse combo.:)

ThirtySixBelow said:
I dont know, im going to have to disagree. My friend plays counterstrike with a joystick and mouse and he can tear it up. Having the joystick as the move works well with being able to move at variable speeds for peeking around corners and walking around without having to hold down a random button while hitting the others. Granted its odd, but it definately works for him as he could kick my ass anyday with his joystick/mouse combo.:)

Maybe you just really suck!! LOL

Whatever works.....

Maybe you just really suck!!

Maybe my post was supposed to have no reference to my gamming ability but rather how the joystick/mouse combo worked for some people, but thanks anyway. If you ever want to play me in unreal tournament or something, let me know, ill see if you can back up your statement :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom