Unreal Tournament 3 will be optimized for Nvidia graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
Unreal Tournament 3 to have DirectX 10 support

A post made on Nvidia's developer blog brings interesting news regarding Epic Games' upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter, Unreal Tournament 3. The author of the blog post says he recently had lunch with Epic VP Mark Rein, and that Rein confirmed that "Unreal Tournament 3 will be DX10." The game will also be part of Nvidia's "The Way It's Meant To be Played" program, whereby Nvidia helps developers optimize their games for Nvidia graphics cards. Previous Unreal games, including Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament 2003, and Unreal 2004, were also part of the TWIMTBP program.

The Nvidia blog post doesn't say exactly how Unreal Tournament 3 will take advantage of DirectX 10, but more details are sure to seep out as the game's release draws near. Epic Games announced earlier this year that the title would come out some time in the second half of this year. (Thanks to Shacknews for the tip.)

The Tech Report - Unreal Tournament 3 to have DirectX 10 support
NVIDIA Developer Blog

*Yawn* 2k4 was "optimized for nVidia... and it ran quite well on ATI. I firmly believe "The Way Its Meant to be Played" program is nothing more than advertising and has almost no affect on actual game performance.

I firmly believe "The Way Its Meant to be Played" program is nothing more than advertising and has almost no affect on actual game performance.

Did you read what they said

"Nvidia helps developers optimize their games for Nvidia graphics cards"

I read it, and I never will believe it. As far as I am concerned it is just a marketing ploy.

Then how come ATI cards run better than nvidias cards in Half Life 2. It was optimized for ATI and it does run better with ATI. So your wrong. :D

Then how come ATI cards run better than nvidias cards in Half Life 2. It was optimized for ATI and it does run better with ATI. So your wrong. :D

Half life 2 wasn't optimized for ATI, it just a coincidence that it runs better with ATI. Just like FEAR runs better on ATI, thought FEAR has a logo for nvidia. It just a coincidence...

However, Doom3 and quake 4 were optimized for nivdia. They were programmed to use the full potential of geforce 6 series

About them havesing support from Nvidia, rubbish, if it was TRULY optimised for nvidia they would loose half of the market, there beloved ATI fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom