Pc Gaming Newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas189

Beta member
Hello, I am a PS2 gamer, who is about to buy a hp compaq presario s4000t. I also would like to make the switch to pc gaming. Yet, there are many things about pc gaming of which I still do not understand. Please bear with a newb who desperately needs answers. Firstly, what are the main advantages of pc gaming over console gaming? The disadvantages? Also, is there a limit to the number of games that you can download to my computer? If I install too many, will it make my computer slow? I am using the aforementioned computer for as my music center and my study center also. Is this practical? If I am customizing this computer to come with 80 GB hard drive, 512 MB DDR, and a 128 MB DDR ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card, will it be able to sufficiently support games such as DOOM 3 or other such games? I have heard that pc gaming is more expensive then console gaming, how much more expensive? Will I have to keep on upgrading my graphics card? Does pc gaming include good first-person shooters, and rpgs? What about action games? Thank you for listening to my large amount of questions, and please answer them to the best of your ability. :)

Josh "Legolas" Tan

legolas189 said:
Hello, I am a PS2 gamer, who is about to buy a hp compaq presario s4000t. I also would like to make the switch to pc gaming. Yet, there are many things about pc gaming of which I still do not understand. Please bear with a newb who desperately needs answers. Firstly, what are the main advantages of pc gaming over console gaming? The disadvantages? Also, is there a limit to the number of games that you can download to my computer? If I install too many, will it make my computer slow? I am using the aforementioned computer for as my music center and my study center also. Is this practical? If I am customizing this computer to come with 80 GB hard drive, 512 MB DDR, and a 128 MB DDR ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card, will it be able to sufficiently support games such as DOOM 3 or other such games? I have heard that pc gaming is more expensive then console gaming, how much more expensive? Will I have to keep on upgrading my graphics card? Does pc gaming include good first-person shooters, and rpgs? What about action games? Thank you for listening to my large amount of questions, and please answer them to the best of your ability. :)

Josh "Legolas" Tan

Your computer specs are decent, but you'll need more system to handle Doom 3.

The main advantages/disadvantages are mainly the control IMO.
RTS (strategy) & FPS (first person shooters) are much easier on a PC, since you can use the mouse + keyboard, and usually fighting games are better on a console, since you have the controller.
The other advantage to a PC is that, you can make the games look at lot better, when compared to a console, since you can increase the resolution, game details, etc. And even though you can now play console games online, it's much easier (and free for hte most part) for PC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom