In need of a new RPG

DBrown51

Baseband Member
I am looking for recommendations on an RPG, I am pretty open to most and I'd like to play something that I haven't before, please throw out some ideas.

Thanks

Well, what are ones you have played? :p

Off the top of my head..

Mass Effect 1/2/3
Monster Hunter
Elder Scrolls series
Witcher 3
Dark Souls series

Non-traditional "RPG":
Diablo 3 (Action-RPG)
GTAV (RPG like elements)

I knew I shoulda put that in there, Fallout series, Skyrim, Mass Effect 1 & 2, tried Witcher 3 but couldn't get in to however I hear it's well worth it.

I just started Monster Hunter wold- first Monster Hunter game I ever played- hated it at first until I found a youtube video showing how to set it up for keyboard and mouse and to use the Bow when playing solo. Now i am liking it - but it isn't as good as Mass effect or Witcher game by any means.

- The Outer Worlds
- No Man's Sky
- While I do not have it, I have heard great things about it. Everspace (1 and upcoming 2)
- ASTRONEER
- Borderlands series (Maybe not RPGish, but fits the bill)
- Elite Dangerous
- The Solus Project
- Space Engineers

If your looking for puzzly, thinking, not full on combat stuff:
- Quern - Undying Thoughts
- Phoning Home
- Firewatch
- Obduction
- Event 0
- Among the Sleep
- Haven Moon

A lot of people will not play or like the indy type games, but If you catch them at sales and what not, they can be a good boredom killer.

Last edited:
Disco Elysium
Pillars of Eternity

Pillars of Eternity is very old school, I LOVE IT
Disco Elysium is.. weird but really good. Check them out

I restarted playing AC: Origins at nightmare difficulty. I think I will activate enemy auto leveling too if I find it too easy. This time the build I'm looking at is full stealth. The best game in the series thus far.

Back
Top Bottom