Is It Me Or are More People Playing Classics They Missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Is it just me or have alot of people started going back and playing alot of the TRUE CLASSICS for the PC. It seems like in many different gaming forums, I am starting to see more threads about older classic pc games.

I know I have found great fun in going back, and playing these games,which seem to be all about fun, and most of the time seem very advanced with WAY more options than todays PRETTY, but dumbed down so to speak games.

I love the new modern FPS....I have a blast with them.....my favorite games for sure....but playing some of these old classics has been a blast and I'm so glad that I did it. They seem more complex.

I have within the last year finished these great games.
1. System Shock 2
2. Deus ex
3. Half-Life original....for the 2nd time.
4.Soldier Of Fortune
5. Soon to be Fallout & Fallout 2....can't wait to get started.
6. I have a list of many more I want to try....will wait untill after Fallout....which i think will be awhile :smoke:

So...is it me.....or what do you think?....Are more people starting to play the old classics ?

Playing these older games has also got my interest up in maybe starting to collect some old classic games....you know the originals and not the remakes.

Please chime in on this topic and tell me what you think.

I`d agree, its probably due to older titles like starcraft and fallout getting new games released. Not to mention consoles such as the Wii doing virtual console and being able to buy classics. There is also steam putting games such as X-com available to download so it is becoming more popular.

I agree- I have recently discovered Might and Magic 7 after I finally got it working on XP, and I get much more fun out of it than I get out of many modern games.

I found a super old school game called betrayal at krondor that I used to play back in like middle school. Then one of my friends actually had a copy of starcraft on his shelf so I took that :). I didn't game at all for about 7 years and got back into it the past couple years because of the oldies like starcraft and diablo.

todays games are way t easy compared the some of the old ones, thats one reason i still play alot of old games. Especially the 2d sidescrolling frantic space shooters genre

I agree.

I've been playing System Shock 2 thru again while I wait for Bioshock. Its incredible!

Diablo 2 is teh pro! I had a lan of it earlier, 8 player i think it was, whatever the max players is. lol, well, it was actually a stream of 3 lans. I hosted the first, same 8 people each time, we played through normal, then nightmare about 2 months later, then ****, lol, it was intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom