I cast no shadow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
Does anyone here know if you can enable player shadows (i.e your own shadow) in Far Cry and/or Half-Life 2? I've been browsing through www.tweakguides.com but I haven't been able to find anything yet.

Thanks.

The shadowing quality has to be set to atleast high for it to show your shadow according to tweakguides.

lazerman said:
The shadowing quality has to be set to atleast high for it to show your shadow according to tweakguides.

In which part does it say that? I've been looking through both the HL2 and Far Cry guides but I can't find anything about player shadows...

One sec.... I'll edit this post.

Here is what it says:

Shadow Quality: As the name would suggest, this option controls the degree of realism for shadows in the game and the degree of dynamic lighting. At the Low setting virtually all shadows are disabled, except for low detailed static shadows from fixed landscape objects. At the Medium setting most inanimate objects such as boxes cast a shadow, but dynamic objects such as vehicles and swaying tree branches do not. At High and above everything casts a shadow, and walking under palm trees sees the swaying shadows of branches cast over you and your weapon. Once again the difference between High and Very High is very hard to tell. Shadows can have a major impact on performance, especially where there are multiple light sources (especially moving light sources) and complex, detailed objects visible. The higher the setting, the lower your FPS especially for slower graphics cards. Medium is recommended for most people.

That is on this page: http://www.tweakguides.com/Farcry_5.html

Well I run Far Cry on the very highest settings, including shadows... So I guess there are no player shodows in neither Far Cry or HL2 *shrugs*. A bit daft imho, as it adds that extra bit of immersion but there you go.

Thanks for your help lazerman ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom