Five Free Games for Geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm sometimes surprised by the release of an excellent game created by independent developers. You can tell that those developers love their games which is probably the number one difference between games from companies who earn a living from developing them.
I'm not saying that all paid games are bad and all independent games are good but this year has seen only a few commercial games that are worth my time and money while I enjoyed hundreds of independent online and offline games.
I decided to name five of the most remarkable games that I have not mentioned before at Ghacks to give you a good choice of games to choose from. There should be something for everyone, we've got action games, a Zelda like RPG and a shooter.
Enjoy the games:
Ark 22 (Windows)
ark.jpg

Ark is a action roleplaying game just like the old 2D Zelda games on the good old NES and SNES with very good storytelling and gameplay that lasts for about 10 hours. The game has a size of 20 Megabytes and is available for Windows only.
Black Shades (Windows, Linux, Mac)
blackshades.jpg

You play a bodyguard (with black shades) whose task is to protect the VIP dressed in white from all sorts of assassins, zombies and punks. The game is well done and lots of fun to play. Best of all, it is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Death Worm (Windows)
deathworm.jpg

Death Worm is a fast paced action game that reminds me of games that I played on the Amiga back then in the last century. You play a death worm that is speeding through the desert sand trying to catch all sorts of animals, birds and humans that are walking on top of it. Great fun.
Return to Sector 9 (Windows)
Screen1.JPG

Great shoot em up game with lots of extras and secrets. You have to get used to the controls first which usually takes a few minutes. After that it is a great innovative shooter with power ups, boss enemies and lots of fun.
Sumotori Dreams (Windows)

Because only us geeks enjoy playing games that don't have 1337 graphics.

God, I used 1337...I feel so dirty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom