Dude, where's my fish!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoobieRat

Fully Optimized
Okay, in the original HL, there were leech things in nearly every puddle and spot of water through the whole game.

Go to HL2, with these great, expansive, beautiful water levels...and there's no leeches, no fish...and not a single icky

WTF?

Anyone else dissapointed by this?

Whoa.. that's very true! I'd forgotten about the leeches from HL1...

The only place where I remember seeing one was in a scripted sequence- near the beginning of 'Red Letter Day' where the teleportation goes wrong... unless I'm thinking of a different creature :tired:

what about that strange water like tentacle in the movie... grabs a guard... I dont remember seeing that in the game...

killians45 said:
what about that strange water like tentacle in the movie... grabs a guard... I dont remember seeing that in the game...

75% of the stuff i saw before the game, i never saw in the game.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Really? That much? Like what?
So far, like the only two major things I've seen missing, are the water tentacles, and the fact that it's almost impossible to get a stridder to skewer you on its leg...and it has to step on you to do so.
Other than that, I've seen just about everything that was in the demo flicks.

Anyway, my original argument about fish is slightly shallowed now, since I confirmed that if you swim out into the open water of the ocean, leeches magically appear out of nowhere and nibble you to death (1hp/s). It was done pretty ghey, though. You can't shoot them or blow them up like in HL1, and as soon as you come above water, or closer into shore, they just fade away. They aren't really AI creatures, it's just a video mask that surrounds the player when they enter a trigger_hurt of that type. Sucks.

you see a big monster fish in Red letter day during the mess up of the teleportation thing, and there are leeches in the game, during the levels where you are in the buggy going along the coast trying to get to Nova Prospekt if you jump into the sea you will quickly get killed by leeches :)
yeah I was also dissapointed at those blue tentacles that were meant to be in the game. Do you think perhaps valve cut a lot of stuff out from the game because it was already overdue and they didnt want to keep the fans waiting any longer.

hmmm...that, or MAYBE it was scenes to be included in the next HL game???! God, bring on the blue tentacle thingie!

DJ-CHRIS said:

Incase you guys didnt know, those maps were made specifically for the E3 and trailers. They were made to show the best things in HL 2.

oh, thought they said was game play footage after the rendering demonstartion... like when they showed ravenholm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom