No Man's Sky - Are You Even Ready??

Streamer last night was talking about the "multiplayer" saying there are multiplayer elements like the galactic market, trading ships, etc, but no physical interaction with players.

Streamer last night was talking about the "multiplayer" saying there are multiplayer elements like the galactic market, trading ships, etc, but no physical interaction with players.

As I understood it, it would be rare that you'd have contact with each other...

However the developers stated that as they apply patches they would consider things like base building (already confirmed now) and more multiplayer activities.

As I understood it, it would be rare that you'd have contact with each other...

However the developers stated that as they apply patches they would consider things like base building (already confirmed now) and more multiplayer activities.

I was just going on what he said and now that I look into it it seems like you're right. Devs say theres just a really small chance you actually run into someone else out there.

Do you know if they're going to have a party-style system so you can join with your friends and explore together?

Edit: Heres a few tweets from Sean Murray (one of the devs)
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/762688708764135425
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/762689755792412672

Many say he's always beating around the bush when talking about multiplayer.

Edit2:

Additionall the game's case says single player
nkR1GSL.png

Edit3:

Although there is a day one patch http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/ that says
Networking – Ability to scan star systems other players have discovered on the Galactic Map, increasing the chance of collision. Star systems discovered by other players appear during Galactic Map flight

Last edited:
One fundamental about multiplayer games that I'm vaguely aware of is the coordinate system. Basically every point location in a multiplayer environment its a numerical value (x, y, z) that can be assigned to things like a weapon spawn, a static camera, or live client updates of where another player is located. I can't imagine how big their coordinate system is considering the sheer galactic scale of their environment.

Leads me to believe that straight-coordinate system is impossible. It might be a MIP-map like 3d grid, where a grid-system is within another grid system, that way an individual point location can be vague at a distance but as you get closer the location information communicated between client and server would go up. Idk what im talkin about, just concepts i guess. Kinda makes sense though.

Amazon says mine is out for delivery. Ill be playing some but it's difficult with the olympics on all night.

I would imagine the coordinate system would have to be pretty large. I was thinking more like breaking the universe into 10 primary sections. Then each section would have (hypothetically) 1,000 subsections, then each of those would have microsections, etc. This would give coordinates that look something like: 7:0893:23481. On a map, each number would represent a specific section. Perhaps the only way to determine the coordinate system would be to explore enough and figure out which way the numbers go.

Just an idea.

Ok--I played 40 minutes this morning and it is exactly what I was expecting.

POSSIBLE SPOILER? Probably not--

You start on a planet with a broken ship. While you learn the basics, you mine for parts whilst cataloging flora and fauna.

It's pretty much that.

I managed to repair my ship and start traveling to another area, but I had to get to work.

Controls are a little floaty, but ok. Graphics are nice, but not super polished. Frame rates are fast, but I did notice a little pop in.

This is going to land at about a 7-8 out of 10 for me I think. Either way I love it!!! Totally #Spacecraft

Back
Top Bottom