Nitto 1320 Challenge Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPProUser

Beta member
Hi, when I play the Nitto 1320 Challenge, using Macromedia Projector, my computer's cpu usage shoots up to 100% and the game lags badly, as a matter of fact the computer halts/lags/stops for about 1 second then starts working again, I suppose due to taxation of the CPU. System is a 2000.5 Compaq 7000Z, 1 ghz athlon, 256 mb, 20 gig hd, XP pro, Savage 4 gphix card. The memory when playing this and AOL is about 193 MB via task manager. Is there anything I can do to lower the processor usage? THANKS

Sean

I would blame it on the Savage 4 card ... If i'm rite .. it's an onboard video option...

Suggestion : Change ur color setting to high color(16bit) from True color(32bit) .. This should reduce ur cpu usage a little..

Also u could try increasing the size of the shared memory available for the display in the bios.

Hey thanks Preet! How do I increase the memory in the BIOS? I am kinda new to XP but not computers overall. Also, how do I start this in safe mode? What replacement video cards work better for my system, is it really the video card killing the system performance and not the 256mb memory? I remember my emachines 633 CELERON running it better than this, thanks!

Sean

Sean before answering ur question .. I just notice that the Compaq 7000Z has a Gefore2 Card n' not a Savage 4 .. Could u reconfirm the model of ur machine again ..

Hey Preet, I'm pretty sure it's a Savage, because when I turn the unit on it says Something like Savage G4, I suppose I'll do a restart to confirm. thanks

Mine's a little older than that [20 gig HD] [Win 98 converted to XP PRO] etc, I just got it not long ago, I figure it's had a little rearranging. Is the graphics card really why my system lags so badly? It's run very clean, 3 accounts, 16gigs free, memory right now 156MB used, low processor usage. How do I increase the memory in the BIOS, and how do I start it in safe mode? I'm new to XP but not computers. How do you like this card? e-GeForce2 MX 400 64MB DDR PCI Graphics Card

Model: 064P1NV39A

64MB DDR memory, e-GeForce2 MX 400 GPU with 256-bit 200MHz clock

link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...35878&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01151

let me know, will it make my system AND Nitto quit LAGGING?

thanks!

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom