Half step/iterative consoles are dumb as hell

Back in my day, consoles were upgraded by sliding in an upgraded Nintendo ram memory cartridge of by adding a Genesis cd drive.

It sort of seems like you're making the "consoles hold the PC back" argument.

If you're buying a PS4 Pro because you "just keep advancing" and are getting it to avoid the lag, then you're proving out my original point.

Right now everyone is on the same footing for the most part if they are playing Destiny on a PS4. That is one of the KEY FACTORS in what makes a console special and they are about to take that away.

My name is Lastplace09 and I think iterative consoles are dumb as hell.

Dying due to lag shouldn't be a key feature, that's exactly why I want to ditch my more expensive regular PS4. A good example is Rocket League. That game uses UE3 and it shouldn't lag just because somebody explodes. That's just extremely dated hardware showing it's true age. I shouldn't miss a shot because somebody spawns into the match and lags the whole game.

Tbh the only reason they aren't making it a "mandatory" upgrade for newer updates is because people will whine about it. Sort of exactly what's going on in this thread. The argument here is why complain about them trying to cater to people who actually won't complain about a welcome set of better hardware? Most of these games are going to be patched for balance anyways. As of right now there isn't any news about a Destiny update for higher frames. If there is, IMO if you want to hold onto the older console then deal with the lag. I certainly won't. I don't know why there isn't the same amount of complaining for the amount of regular cheaters or the modded controllers that don't come with consequences. Auto scope with auto aim snap gives a much better advantage to somebody than a smooth framerate.

Finally, no the argument was never about holding back. The 360 and PS3 did that enough as it is. It's counter points as to why we can't expect 7-10 year console life spans anymore. It's just not realistic with how fast technology is advancing. Try to remember that I too have a family, house payment, bills, and don't make 6 figures like everybody else. I can't realistically afford 400 bucks in November especially with high daycare costs. Doesn't mean I'm going to complain that something new and better is coming out. I game on everything, and even though I have a nice PC most of my gaming is done with bros on PS4 or classic consoles. I haven't been able to play Destiny for months because of the lagging and frame dips. That kinda means I wasted $548 only to spend another 400 later just to be able to play the game properly. I'm just gonna appreciate the fact that something I wanted has come out and will pony up when I can.

tl;dr, either deal with it or join the master race where this quite literally isn't an issue. There's no use complaining when it won't stop the situation at all, and I foresee this becoming a regular deal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom