Games For Kids

If you want a more kid friendly FPS, go with Portal 2. My son and I play it a bunch. You can do it split screen, but many times he'll jump on the upstairs PS3 and I'll be on the one in my bedroom.

He's also a big fan of the Ratchet and Clank games. All 4 One has MP Co Op.

Pinball is fun, but the MP is kinda lame. You don't get to watch the other player play, it's more of a race to see who can reach a goal first. I know there'd be some downtime with it, but I'd like the option to watch the other player's turn.

Both Portal 1 and Portal 2 are great. They can get a bit challenging for singleplayer for a kid, but you could always help them out.

And Portal 2 would be alright for Co-Op with them, as you can ping a wall for where you want them to shoot if they can't figure it out.

I have 2 kids. A boy who is almost 9 and a girl that is 6.

My girl does not play any games that are online. She just goes to sites like Nick Jr, Disney Jr., Barbie and Monster High.

My boy loves, loves, loves Minecraft. It is great for us as We live in Sweden and He has a lot of cousins in the USA. We use Skype to talk while playing with cousins. If the wife is at work ;) We play SCII now that they allow cross server play.

For games at home, We have a Wii. His favorites by far are any of the Lego games. Batman 2 was my favorite. The coop play and team puzzles to solve is lots of fun even for me and is great bonding time with my son.

We also enjoy playing all of the classic arcade games together. He thinks they are fun but reminds me how bad the graphics are.

I grew up on the Pong, arcades and the Atari 2600. The options kids have today blow me away.

Forgive me, El Ghostsong. I know that I, Hefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

Back
Top Bottom