Game hunters general reading list

So I'd advise folks to avoid the anthology printing of John Shirley's "A Song Called Youth." The original series - Eclipse, Eclipse Corona and Eclipse Penumbra - was GREAT.

The reprint is ... updated. (Read that like Hammerlock talking about Claptrap trying to ... interface with things.)

The original was written 25-30 years ago. It was great. Now ... there are references to Facebook. IN 2039. (And I'd put 2039 in caps if I could.) It's like the MySpace references on Good Clean Fun's "Between Christian Rock And A Hard Place." It dates it. Instantly. It makes it seem even older than it actually is, and more anachronistic.

It's like the newspaper columnist who thinks they have a handle on this "social media" stuff that all the kids are into and tries to Facebook someone on the Tweetybox with their Instamatic account.

And yeah, it's almost that bad. See "online RPG" instead of MUD or MMO or something that's actually used to describe online gaming.

Gah. It's so depressing. And the original books were so good. :(

the dark hunter series by sherrilyn kenyon has some damn awemazing story for starting as a romance novel series.
if you did super natural stuff ull like it. read acheron and ull see what i mean.

I love that it was slay who created it and then he posts asking if there is one

I cant recall all things I have done or created.

So as to reading im am about halfway through the Final Mistborn book and they are freaking great. I may go on to the Way of Kings book cause im kinda in love with the author right now. (same as Mistborn) Anyone else know some good sci fi or fantasy series to start. Borst didnt you read the Ender books how were they

ok to our resident comic book men. I need advice im going to read the frank Miller Batman books. But i need a good X men book preferably one I already know the stories of or am at least familiar with the charters. Would the Dark Phoenix saga be a good place to start or how can I find the Weapon X stories

im going to let pucket handle this but i will say and trade paperback you can find of astonishing xmen should be great i was also a fan of uncanny xforce

New mutants back in early 80s. That was my scene.

I also remember when the wolverine mini series came out. I still have all four issues.

Back
Top Bottom