which game console to get? XBox One S OR PS4 Pro?

Microsoft really has not had any first party releases for it feels like a year ...except for pubg.

I'm not sure sea of thieves will sell consoles.

They need to step up their game.

Im with you guys.. PS4 Pro looks real good right now.. With exclusives like Persona 5, Last Guardian, and Horizon Zero Dawn.. its a no-brainer. Xbox has been slacking real bad but I bet we'll hear about the next Halo at this year's E3. It better be hype af and deliver on what the community wants or Xbox will suffer. Another factor is Microsoft was in talks about buying EA - that could make a lot of EA games Xbox Exclusive (sorry PS4 sports, battlefield, and star wars fans) ... even though EA sucks donky d!ck anymore, having them Xbox exclusives might help Microsoft sell more Xboxes and that's the bottom line Microsoft will be looking for.

Or you know, converse about Xbox still.

Xbox doesn't need to sell first party right now as they know they have the experience in the bag. Faster hardware, better and smoother UI. AFAIK PS4 has had the most exclusive titles this gen but Xbox still sold well. Almost all of my friends who have both have slowly gravitated back to the Xbox, and I wish I had went the Xbox route too. I was on my One S yesterday all day and next to my PS4 Pro it's such a better experience. No issues with surround sound, UI was snappy and didn't lag at all, it plays nicer with my XIM 4, and even with a standard HDD things just load way quicker. My PS4 Pro has an SSD in it and when trying to navigate stuff like the store it loads slow and is sluggish. If I didn't have a bunch of poor friends that can't switch platforms I'd move to the Xbox in a heartbeat. I also know a lot of people who haven't exactly been interested at all in a lot of the PS4 exclusives that have been coming out. Horizon looks pretty as I've watched it first hand, but didn't make me very interested in playing it. I don't think Microsoft has anything to worry about wrapping up this gen cycle.

Edit: And don't get me started on Sony purposely limiting connection speeds.

Last edited:
PS4 : Has more exclusive
Xbox ( in my option): Has better looks ( the console and controller).

They both have all the big ones like Battlefront, Minecraft, Kingdom Hearts, Project Cars 2.
However, Sony tends to have more console exclusives. If your going after exclusives then PS4 is the way to go. If you care about how your console looks, and just want to play games and don't need the exclusives then go after PS4. On a side note the Xbox One X is more powerful then the PS4.

My vote is for the PS4 despite my own gaming dry spell and after having just recently had a PC built. Consoles have been a mainstay in my life, and while we almost always had a PC in the house, it was mostly for my dad, so the majority of my experience is on console, but there is some experience on that platform as well. If you ever GET the opportunity to build a PC, I highly recommend it, but as far as consoles go, personally the only reason I'd buy an XBox was for Fable, which I can now play on PC.

Back
Top Bottom