Network keeps getting hacked

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
So ive been working for my unc in his office lately and we keep getting an issue where people keep hacking into the network. I dont know what it is but people keep hacking into the voip phone and we can hear their conversations. When we phone up the voip guys (viva communications) they reset the factory settings and it stays ok for like a week but then it gets hacked again. The router is a technicolor tg582n so its not that good. I need to improve security.

I changed the wifi pass (WPA2-PSK + WPA-PSK) and the router admin pass. are there any other things I can do? Are there any good routers I can get for preferably <£40?

Doesn't sound like a "hack" to me.

Sounds more like settings getting changed in the VOIP system, or interference somehow from another system.

Is his office connected to other offices (same or different businesses)? What VOIP phones are they?

Btw, ditch the WPA compatibility unless you need it for legacy reasons; set it to only WPA2.

Btw, ditch the WPA compatibility unless you need it for legacy reasons; set it to only WPA2.

+1 WPA2 only whenever possible. There's not much that required legacy anymore.

Also, make sure you're using a different admin password this time than you were last time. Make it more complex as well. If you're using the same admin password and it IS a hack, then you're just going to keep getting hacked. It's like not changing the locks on your house and somebody keeps getting in using the key.

Ok, changed to WPA2-PSK.
Yeah, the office is connected to other offices but not of the same business.
The voip is a grandstream gxp2130

Grandstreams still use pots lines. If you're having things defaulted and still getting the issue, could be an issue with the wiring from the grandstream out rather than on your network. Or even a provider-level issue.

Grandstreams still use pots lines. If you're having things defaulted and still getting the issue, could be an issue with the wiring from the grandstream out rather than on your network. Or even a provider-level issue.

Kind of what I was thinking as well, since there's multiple businesses in the same building.

Make sure the VOIP is configured correctly, and then if it still does it contact the ISP.

And you know this how? Did you go around to the other offices asking if they use VOIP?

And you know this how? Did you go around to the other offices asking if they use VOIP?

Naa, we just know. There are only a few other businesses and we r always talking to them.

Oh yeah and would it be better to upgrade the router anyways?

Naa, we just know. There are only a few other businesses and we r always talking to them.

Oh yeah and would it be better to upgrade the router anyways?
Change wifi channels and or fequencies...since the census is, that is interference. Maybe that will help be different from the other guys office. I help that will help.

Back
Top Bottom