Suggest some good backup solutions for shopping website.

gavinjordan

Beta member
Hi all, I am Gavin. I am a freelance web developer. I am not much experienced in this field. Even though I worked with several normal PHP and wordpress websites. Last month I committed a project that of a shopping website. When comparing to normal website it has lot of differences like setting up payment gateway. Anyway that gave me a chance to learn several new things. Now I am looking for a best online backup service in Canada. I searched over internet and there are several companies like Storagepipe, which offers online backup solution. But I think it will be more expensive to get services from such big companies. Somebody please suggest me some good choices to get a good backup solution.

Cloud would be the easiest but may cost more depending on how much data you want to backup.

As i2D said though depending on which route you want to take will depend on what you use.

Are you doing the development on your home PC? Are those the files you want to backup? If so, I would seriously just back them up locally on your PC using a separate drive.

Ideally you should also have some sort of source control setup for development, really. Whether that's putting it up on a cloud hosted/git-based one (such as Bitbucket - as you can have free, private repositories there), or a local-based one such as Subversion.

Some local backup software can both backup to local hard drive or to cloud. Freeware are Easeus todo backup free or Macrium reflect free. I'm now using easeus todo backup, setting to automatically backup files and system each week.

Back
Top Bottom