Want to get your Outlook 2007 connected to hotmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Alright i was wondering this for so long myself. I wanted to get my hotmail and live email from the web but thru Outlook. For the longest time i used Windows Live Mail which was like the new Windows Mail in Vista but the Live part allowed you to connect and download your email from these accounts without any extra setup.

So i was working with Outlook 2007 and i figure it out. Let me share it with you now. First create a new email account.

setup1.png

Here you want to Manually setup the email account. So check the box and get to the next step.

setup2.png

Here you will select the Internet Mail setting.

setup3.png

Now here is where you will setup your settings. First you will change the settings from POP to HTTP.

setup4.png

After that you will see the settings changed and you will see that one of them is the HTTP service provider. MSN and Hotmail are already available. There is also other. Which you can use for other things.

Just give all your info and click save. Now before you can download any emails you will be prompted to get the Outlook Connector:

Download details: Microsoft Office Outlook Connector

You will need to validate your Office to download the file. After that install it. Restart Outlook and download your mail. You can also click on the Connector and add email accounts right thru that add on.

oconnector1.png

Now the default view of Outlook will not be what you expect. Your hotmail and that will not download directly to your Inbox. There will be deperate folders.

outlook1.png

For this i have not found a fix for yet. But at least now you can get your Hotmail, MSN and Live email addresses downloaded to Outlook 2007.

You dont need the Connector to connect to GMail accounts. Just go into the online GMail account and their help section can get you connected without any additional tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom