How to install xp without the xp cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Eric you said in this post that in order to install xp without the xp cd you need to have an usb HDD.Well if I follow the instructions under here under warning one How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install and delete the Undo_giomode.txt file will I NOT have to use a USB HDD because as it claims I will prevent loss of data/programs?Also the link I gave you is talking about a repair install.Can I do a repair install while following your instructions(about a substitute for an xp cd)?
I apologize in advance if I sound noobish.I am a noob:p
Mak123 referred me to you on this page(thread whatever) http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/bsod-any-help-182481/index3.html#post1439708

Yeah Eric you said in this post that in order to install xp without the xp cd you need to have an usb HDD.Well if I follow the instructions under here under warning one How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install and delete the Undo_giomode.txt file will I NOT have to use a USB HDD because as it claims I will prevent loss of data/programs?Also the link I gave you is talking about a repair install.Can I do a repair install while following your instructions(about a substitute for an xp cd)?
I apologize in advance if I sound noobish.I am a noob:p
Mak123 referred me to you on this page(thread whatever) http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/bsod-any-help-182481/index3.html#post1439708

I don't know about repairs. every time I tried it except for the first time, I got a BSOD

Did that process in the video do a format? I'm trying to figure out how to do it since I don't have a really windows cd, just the recovery disc.

Anyway, I dled this thing from: How to boot from DVD? [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums

I saw how you went into windows explorer to delete the necessary folders. In the version I got, you can't get to windows explorer by going to programs. There aren't as many programs listed there. I dled the one it tells you to get on this page if you don't know what to dl: How to boot from DVD? [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums

Also, if I have more files saved directly onto the c: drive that are not in any sub-directories, should I delete these as well? Is doing this basically the same as formatting since it gets rid of almost all your files? That would be my whole point for doing this since my hdd is getting all cluttered and my comp is running like crap.

Hmm, never knew you could do this, nice. (i can't believe i did not see this sticky until now. Does it work for vista also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom