Your first car

I was strongly considering getting a Mazda 3 around the time I got my car. Do you think your's was a bit of a dud or are Mazdas in general unreliable? The Mazda 3 looks really nice.

The Mazda 3 petrol models are reliable cars, the actual problem is with the 1.6HDi diesel engine, it's known to be a problem because of the various systems introduced to clean up the emissions... if you know a friend who can botch an emissions test for your MOT, then you can get the EGR (Exhaust Gas Re-circulation) valve blanked off and the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) drilled out and it'll work fine :p

As long as the 1.6HDi engine is serviced regularly (new oil, fully synthetic), and you red-line the engine occasionally to blow out the crap, then it's all good!

Now I have my Seat Leon with 280hp, which is better again. It kinda gets annoying how easy it is to break the tyres resulting in wheel hop though. Anywhere above 40mph and that doesn't happen though (even slower when warm). Having effortless overtaking capability right up to and beyond 100mph is satisfying.

Race ya... Honda Hornet :p

The Mazda 3 petrol models are reliable cars, the actual problem is with the 1.6HDi diesel engine, it's known to be a problem because of the various systems introduced to clean up the emissions... if you know a friend who can botch an emissions test for your MOT, then you can get the EGR (Exhaust Gas Re-circulation) valve blanked off and the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) drilled out and it'll work fine :p

As long as the 1.6HDi engine is serviced regularly (new oil, fully synthetic), and you red-line the engine occasionally to blow out the crap, then it's all good!

Ah ok I see. I guess it's the same with any car. Look after it and it will look after you. :p

First Car : 2004 Lancer 0z Rally Edition. - 5 Speed
Been addicted ever since. I have had 16 vehicles since then. 8 Year time period.

2, 350z's
6, 240sx's
Honda CBR 600 (Street Bike)
Bmw's
other fast vehicles !

Back
Top Bottom