Turntable to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Indeed.
Would there be any difference in quality between a USB turntable such as this and a turntable connected to the PC via line in (after the amp, of course)?

So pretty much I'm asking if there'd be any point to a USB turntable. I know little about this kind of stuff.

And if I did do the line in, what program should I use to record? Would Audacity be sufficient? Any other tips?

Thanks

My guess is that there's not a big difference. All you need is something to convert the analog signal to digital. A few companies also sell adapters where you plug the RCA in one end and a USB cable comes out the other. I don't imagine this is much different. But for me "line in" has worked just fine!

As far as software...well, you want something that will capture the audio at a decent bitrate, whatever program that might be. I think audacity would probably suffice, although you'd have limited functionality to clean up pops, hiss, etc. I've actually re-EQ'd LPs in protools for the **** of it before...

usb turntables are more convenient. you don't need a pre amp or receiver with a usb table audacity works with both inputs. I use adobe audition to remove pop and hiss. I can't figure out how to use adobe to record the music, so I use audacity or musicmatch to record it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom