Speakers pop on startup/shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
^nice.... i guess that is not low power then.

I have been wanting to get a set of bx8a's for my comp but i have had no where to use them. If i start making some money from my business at my new house then i will finally get them.

Haha no they're not what I would call low power.

I've heard those bx8a's are pretty nice. I'm so happy I've moved on from computer speakers, its a whole new world lol

I have an Altec Lansing 5.1 speaker system which I am using with my new HP Laptop, and it is producing this loud pop when starting up or shutting down. I did not have this problem when I used this same speaker system with my old Dell Dimension XPS. So what's the difference? I am not so sure that this would not damage the speakers. The only way to prevent this happening is to turn on and off the system using the switch on the sub-woofer, but this would surely damage the switch after repeated operation. I would really appreciate some advice on how to deal with this.

You're worried about damaging an on/off switch??? Ummm have you ever heard of a light switch? They get flipped a zillion times.

Well my monitor speakers pop no matter what. If i turn everything on in my room, and then my speakers - they still pop.

If my speakers are on, and i turn a light on or my fan on, they pop. Just whenever theres a surge of electricity through the mains in my room, they pop.

I think it's down to the quality of the wireing and how your home is wired up.

I have a lantech alsing myself when I power on or off my computer they do pop it's nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom