Realtek ALC650 onboard problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JL3001

Beta member
Hey all,

I need some help. I have a Realtek ALC650 with AC97 integrated sound. Recently, when I updated my drivers (Latest ones from Realtek), I've started getting choppy audio that breaks up and skips whenever playing. It only happens when the computer is 'active', when there is something loading, or another program in the background. When playing games or listening to cds or mp3s, the sound is horrible. Worse, XP can't supply any drivers to use for it, and cannot recognize the hardware. Any help on this, or any links for drivers would be appreciated.
My system specs are: MSI 645E-MaxU mobo, Windows XP Pro, 256MB DDR ram, 1.7 GHz, 40GB hd, and a GF4.

JL3001

Thanks for the help. I may need to double check the model of the motherboard though, I'm not 100 percent sure on it. But I'll try the drivers.

Edit: I checked the site, it seems that the drivers are the same type I downloaded before, they apply to all Realtek models. These are the same drivers I've downloaded before that lead to my audio problems.
I'm trying older version drivers, and some of them seem to help. version 3.45 seems to reduce the problem somewhat, but it's still not perfect. I've also noticed that when playing games for a while, the audio will cut out altogether, forcing me to reboot.

JL3001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom