Making DVDs with a regular CD burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpio

Baseband Member
How do I make a DVD that would be either region free or region 1 so it will work with players in the US?

Thanks.

what exactly do you mean? If you are trying to convert a DVD from PAL to NTSC, then as far as I know you have to either buy an industrial type deck, or there MAY be some software that can do it. On the other hand, if it is already in NTSC format, you can copy it and make it region free (will play in all NTSC dvd players) with a program called DVD Shrink. Google DVD Shrink 3.2 and you should find it no problem. Give that a try. Let me know how it goes.

Oh yea, and you do have a DVD Burner right? If you only have a CD-R drive, you won't be able to burn any DVDs.

just making a DVD will make it region free(no encryption), most software doesnt add encryption, just the companies that sell DVD's do

As far as format goes, NTSC or PAL formats are easily done or converted back and forth in all the different digital video formats

To copy dvds from original format you will need dvd shrink 3:2 which is freeware and will not pay for it but this will have to be backed up with nero dvd burning software. Nero 6 is ample. It needs this to run side by side with dvd shrink for burning capabilities

grego is correct, if all you have is a cd burner and not a DVD burner best you can do is make svcd's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom