How to know what good headphones are

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
Beside price how do you know if you are buying good headphones or not. I am looking mainly at noise isolation canal earbuds. So far this what I am considering:
Creative EP-630 (35 USD)
Shure E2 (55 USD)
ICEMAT Siberia SteelSeries (30 USD)

My question is the Creative EP-630 has an amazing frequency response of: 6 Hz - 23000 kHz. I was told when buying headphones to looks at this and have the lowest number on the left and the higest number on the right giving me the biggest range. Here is where I get confused: I look at 300-400 USD Professional DJ earbuds and their frequency is like 18-21 so are they really overpriced and junk or is there someting else that I am missing. I want really high highs and a descent amount of bass so I am not sure why DJ's don't want the same thing. Anyway thanks for the help.

These are actually earphones. =D.

Go with Bose earphones. You can get them at Futureshop, Bestbuy, Circuit city, etc for around $100-180 CND. CND=USD now. =D

Bose = Insane Overprice. The optimal frequency response of the human ear is 20Hz to 20,000Hz.

Find something in that range and you will be fine.

I've read some reviews of the Bose earbuds and they don't sound as good as the ones I mentioned. Bose makes good over the head noise canceling headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom