How can I play Microphone or Line-In throuh computer speakers without recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdClayJisKOO

Baseband Member
I would like to hook my Zune up to the computer I use at school so I can use it's speakers. I have a cable that allows me to plug it in to the Line-In or microphone, but I can't figure out how to actually be able to hear the music without recording it first.

Just plug the speakers, into the headphone jack of the Zune?

haha i'm insulted :p

no, i would have thought of that. the computers in the cisco lab don't have external speakers. it's either directly off the audio card or through an internal speaker i'm not sure. probably internal speaker because it's doesn't sound too horrible

Just plug the output of the zune into the input on the sound card. It should just play right through. Just make sure that the input on the soundcard isnt muted.

when i plug it into the input it didn't work, and line-in wasn't muted and it was at full volume. when i plug it into mic, same situation, except i can record it through sound recorder.

i tried that. is there something i need to press for it to play the input? it allows me to record but it didn't play it through the speaker unless i recorded and then played back the recording

there an option there to enable playback without recording. you have to check it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom