Is the Denon AVR series as good as every one says?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
My current AMP (kenwood krf v5030d)desperately needs replacing due to volume control and remote not working and i was looking for a good second hand amp ive found a few Denon AVR's (have a bid of $300 on an AVR2803) of various model numbers for sale in my price range but before i buy one i want to know if they are as good as all my mates say they are. Or any suggestions of good brands/models would be appreciated, my budget is around NZ$400 (~US$250) so you can see why im looking for second hand ones.

no.

they suppose to have superior DAC's . but here's my experience. any amp or receiver that denon ever that was reviewed in the audio magazines, has never met their specifications. for this reason purists don't messed with denon. if you are going to lie about the wattage, what else is you going to lie about?

Well the same can't be said the denon amp in our house eric, there is no doubt about it that it puts the wattage it says - and if it doesn't, it doesn't need it anyway, driving a 7.1 acoustic energy speakers with no problem up to loud volumes.

I would reccomend one el roberto.

There perfectly adequate for home cinema use, better than Kenwood. Ok they may not be audiophile purist grade, but i dont think any japanese brand is.

I have no doubt that EricB is telling the truth i'm just merely stating that the one in my house isn't under performing.

well the one im looking at is 90w/pc and the one i own is 80 and its easily loud enough at half volume so even if its not what it says then it will still be better than what i have. im still looking though, any good brands i might find a bargain for second hand? is onkyo any good?

Dunno about that oreo at 18/19 you need to pay for student loans, rent, petrol etc and you dont have the time to work as much.

Well the same can't be said the denon amp in our house eric, there is no doubt about it that it puts the wattage it says - and if it doesn't, it doesn't need it anyway, driving a 7.1 acoustic energy speakers with no problem up to loud volumes.

I would reccomend one el roberto.

There perfectly adequate for home cinema use, better than Kenwood. Ok they may not be audiophile purist grade, but i dont think any japanese brand is.

I have no doubt that EricB is telling the truth i'm just merely stating that the one in my house isn't under performing.

this is where denon makes their money. you can't tell, if they are under performing unless you have a an oscilloscope and heavy resistors. I use to have a mcintosh amp tester in the nineties. I sold it to the pawn shop for 600 bucks (the kelly blue book had it valued at 1200. I paid 100 for it at a flea market).

if they rate their amp at 130X7 and it only put out 105X7, you can't tell. you could tell if it was 65 x 7 because the human ear can the difference in 3bd of output, but they can't necessarily tell the difference in 1 to 2 db output. denon knows that

that why in the old days we relied on audio magazines to point stuff like this out. these days you are just guessing because there aren't many home audio magazines out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom