Connecting PS3 to computer speakers?

Aneonmoose

Beta member
Hello all,

Before I begin I'd like to apologise if this is not the correct thread, I am new here so I'm not quite sure where things go yet. Also, I'm not very fluent in tech speak so please attach links, pics or descriptions in answers if possible, thank you.

I have a computer monitor without inbuilt speakers and connect my PS3 to it through HDMI. However, this limits my enjoyment of the system as I can't watch any films or enjoy games which require sound. My speakers have only got 3.5mm jacks but of course the PS3 does not.

I was wondering if there's any adapter that can allow me to connect system sound to my pc speakers? I was thinking 3.5mm to USB but those are insanely hard to come by at a reasonable price (unless I'm searching wrong :eek: ). Is there another option or am I destined to have silent gameplay forever?

Thank you.

Use HDMI for the video, and use the AV multi-out or digital optical audio to go to a speaker system.

If your speakers have a Line-in, You can use the Multi AV out, and get adapters to convert the audio (Yellow and Red composite phono plugs) to the line-in jack.

Back
Top Bottom