Elder Scrolls MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real drama queens in this thread :p. And to the person saying he likes to play alone.... don't play it.... ?

Games that focus a lot on multiplayer are forced to focus less on single player. If they only devote a percentage of their resources on single player, it won't be as good as it would have other wise if they focus entirely on single player, and I prefer a game with a strong single player experience.

MMORPGs are not designed for single player experiences. Play single player games if you want that lol.

MMORPGs are not designed for single player experiences. Play single player games if you want that lol.
If you directed your reply to me, then no I'm not looking for a single player experience in an MMO. That is the complete opposite of my point. I was saying basically once you go MMO you never go back from a dev point of things because it brings in so much money. Just look at Blizzard and WoW. If Bethesda really does this and it's a success you can kiss the Elder Scroll games good bye.

I agree with PP Mguire, once companies make an MMO they tend not to go back. Why charge players $60 once when you can charge them $10 a month and make more in the long run. I think that a Bethesda MMO would be good but I'd rather have Bethesda stick with single player Elder Scrolls games then have them be constantly maintaining an MMO.

I agree with PP Mguire, once companies make an MMO they tend not to go back. Why charge players $60 once when you can charge them $10 a month and make more in the long run. I think that a Bethesda MMO would be good but I'd rather have Bethesda stick with single player Elder Scrolls games then have them be constantly maintaining an MMO.
Yup. Not only that, but if they continue any of the story in the MMO a ton of people (like myself) will miss out and need to rely on Google to keep up. Then if it is a success the likelihood of them going on with newer games is slim to none. The idea of each world (or land rather) being tied together is a cool one, but I still think it should have been reserved as a SP like all the others.

I think it will be the best MMO ever if they can keep the same battle system. I am also expecting the same graphics. They're not super super impressive, so I feel they can do it. If they do these two things and it gets a good review, it will be an MMO that I will actually consider getting.

I think it will be the best MMO ever if they can keep the same battle system. I am also expecting the same graphics. They're not super super impressive, so I feel they can do it. If they do these two things and it gets a good review, it will be an MMO that I will actually consider getting.
Just got done reading Game Informer's article on the MMO. With screenshots pasted on to corners of the page the graphics look comparable to that of LOTR Online or thereabouts. They said that they can't make graphically demanding landscapes and dungeons because of the demand on hardware.
They also conversed heavily on the quest and battle system. Zenimax basically were dissing WoW with their own words on these subjects and were saying how they want to make the system as close as possible to the RPG games. It WILL be different though and still resemble an MMO battle style. It seems it will be forced 3rd person and battle will be based more around stamina. All in all, it will still be an MMO with TES twist to it while Bethesda Game Studios still work on the next RPG (they hinted at this while talking about Todd and the link to the lore).

All this being said, after reading what was translated in my head "This isn't some ****ty WoW knock off", I will be giving it a try. Simply because I want to explore Morrowind in "updated" graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom