New to programming completely... wanna make use of the school years

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
well summer has been wasted on my part completely and it ends in two weeks... i wanna learn a programming language but i can't buy books (i'm only 14..) so i need like a free way to learn something over the next year.... HELP ME PLZ!!!

thats why i'm lost.... i don't no which are free which are not... all of em' so far want me to pay thru the nose

Try FreeBASIC or python, they are the very easiest for beginner's. My suggestion would be to use FreeBASIC to learn "core programming" and then switch to something like C++, but I wouldn't start with a language like C or Java because they can be quite confusing to the beginner.

As with most programming classes, you really should learn "logic" before you bother with languages. You can know a language inside and out but if you dont know how to come up with the proper logic to make it do what you want, then you wont be getting anything done. As much as i hate to admit it, i was always forced to turn in a paper version along with the code showing that we actually thought out the logic rather than just sitting down and trying to code straight away.

well summer has been wasted on my part completely and it ends in two weeks... i wanna learn a programming language but i can't buy books (i'm only 14..) so i need like a free way to learn something over the next year.... HELP ME PLZ!!!

Wow, you want to learn a programming language and your parents aren't willing to buy you books? That's just wrong... if I was 14yrs old and I wanted to learn programming... my parents would have GLADLY bought me tons of books on programming.

But you never mentioned them... so I guess I can't assume... ask your parents to buy you some books. Go to a nearby University and look at some of their Introductory classes and see what books they use. Universities for the most part use good books. If you can't buy books, there are tons of sites you can google to learn programming. I'll try to give you some links later when I have more time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom