Well....

I still like to fold for this team because nobody else but you really folds. As it stands I even turn my server off and everything else at midnight. So quiet and creepy 0_0

Bah, had bi cared if I was alone, i'd have popped over to [h]ardfolding, but nope.

I'm in it for the team... And our site.

I just missed a million points this week by 50mins.... Maybe this coming week will be one.

something cool that was just removed from ps3 was folding home... thats what you guys are talking about right?

That's the best time to fold lol. If you live with your parents just don't tell them. It's like an additional 5-10 bucks on the bill monthly and I calculated this when CPUs and GPUs hogged more power than today so that figure could be even less today.

I guess that's a way to look at it lol. Do you remember what the power draw was when you calculated that? Based on what my UPS says I'm pulling around 880w when folding on the CPU and all cards.

I have no idea. I haven't lived at my parents in almost 5 years now. I had an X2 5600+ and an 8800GS folding. When I moved out and went to my friends house his parents didn't notice the bill. By then I had SLI 9800GTX+ and a 940BE.

something cool that was just removed from ps3 was folding home... thats what you guys are talking about right?

Yha it is, though I have a dual xeon system thats overclocked to 3.12Ghz. A bit more umph than the ps3... which use to be a ice little setup

I may well be buying a dual xeon system soon, mainly for VMs but it is bound to have some cycles left over for folding :)

Nice, you looking at a 2011 eh? I'd go for an AMD magny cour 4p setup... but they do draw more power...

I guess that's a way to look at it lol. Do you remember what the power draw was when you calculated that? Based on what my UPS says I'm pulling around 880w when folding on the CPU and all cards.

Wow 880W eh?

You powering a Dalorian? I think my SR-2 is pulling 5-600W overclocked to 3.2ish Ghz.
But i'd budget 20-30 bucks amonth, or $1 a day, for power.

OH AND I DID 1 MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLION POINTS THIS WEEK!

It's kinda funny for me to watch the waves of the team, folks like Burn who was so strong for sponsered folding stuff.

UnFortunately life catches alot of dedicatecd folks like Jfen, and causes slowdowns and sabaticles.
I'm very fortunate to be well paid and un-childed I can pay for it, so I do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom