Help find a "cure"

I saw this, and decided since SETI was finally dying for good, I would join F@H again. Hopefully soon they have a new category labeled "Disease Outbreak" for this, as well as future disease outbreaks. Regardless, folding is back in :)

Anything ever come out of this? My dad turned me on to Seti like wayyy back in the day. I want to say like 15 years ago maybe 16? I used to run folding hard for the longest and quit because it was a massive electric bill generator and nothing more.

Edit: Most of my points came from running it and mining at work when I was in the iLab. I might fire it back up at work again.

Last edited:
It's mostly grad students that put out work for it, but it does help them understand why things happen long term I suppose?

Also, PP has just raped everyone on the team as far as 24H output goes!

After looking, the COVID-19 work units are GPU work units with FahCore 0x22 ??

CPU work units are still MIA due to shortage and everyone mostly doing CPU.

I started around 5pm yesterday. Only ramped up a couple GPUs in the iLab and 2 weren't even getting units. The CPUs got none. I think somebody said COVID-19 units were in the 1171 project range or something like that. An RTX 2080 ripped through it in about 20 minutes with over a 1mil PPD est avg in the software lol. It's too bad as soon as it was done there were no more units in the next 3 hours I was there. I'm really curious if it's using RT and Tensor cores but there's no way to check it.

If I had the right amount of machines up there I could use 2 Titan Blacks, 2 Titan X Maxwells, 2 Titan Xps, 3 Quadro P4000s, and 2 RTX 2080s (if I took my second to work). Can't imagine what PPD would be with all those but I only have 3 machines available in this iLab and unfortunately they only have 2 6pin PCIE power cables each.

Yeah, they are having a hard time keeping up with getting WU's generated. On one hand, that's a good thing, on the other hand, that's a bad thing as it's a cluster of computers idling, waiting for work.

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=32463&sid=cd7c36512fe7487d005364829aae3705
6. How do I know that I'm working on COVID-19 related projects ?
If you're running a project that's listed here, you're fighting COVID-19 :
CPU : 14328 - 14329 - 14530 - 14531
GPU : 11741 to 11764

I wonder if Trotter or anyone else around is going to jump back onto the team. :eek:

Last edited:
I had 2 people join. One being my best friend because his power cost is 0.0499c/kWh + 3.89c Encore charge meaning his bill will barely be touched. Another being a FB group user that decided to hop on board.

Back
Top Bottom