few questions concerning. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > TF2 > Serious Discussions & Debates
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar

Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default few questions concerning.

I have a fw questions concerning this area of TF2.

Who exactly is allowed in here at the moment, as far as I can tell, only mods/admins at the moment? Prehaps there should be a few Privilaged regular members who could have access.
Maybe along the lines of Warez monster, sora, gursan(Sp?) and maybe a few other dependable and long time tech forums members??

TF2 could prehaps be a special forum in which a member would need to prove themselves before being allowed access? Maybe post requirement or at least how mature they are in the eyes of the mod/admin. (That is how much respect they show to other members?) For example, just as I suggested some members who should be allowed in here, I can think of a few who should never be allowed in here unless they rewire their brains. Such as, norcent, Kman and theend187, among many others..

What exactly is allowed in here, Ive seen time and again, that we can talk of things more broad in here while still respecting other people and thier opinions, but what exactly does that mean? Can we talk of Cheating in single player games, or illegal torrents, torrent client, downloading, political opinion threads, religion, Assisted suicide and others? What can we put here, cause I got alot I wanna start..

So long I have waited for a forum, any forum where the rules are less enforced so long as we can respect others... Its really ashame we can't talk about some things. But will it be a problem here, if we only allow long time and level headed members/mods/admins??
DMO, what was your intention for this forum, maybe that will answer some of my question??

Old 11-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ste

Default Re: few questions concerning.

Anyone?

Old 11-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

As far as I know, it's only available for the mods and admins to use. And seeing as most of us mods and admins, aren't on all the time....I think we should allow some members to use it too. There are some out there, that are more experienced with the subjects of TF2.

iMac 27" 5K Late 2014 | macOS 10.15.2 | i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3-1600 | R9 M290X | 1TB HDD/128GB SSD
Old 11-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ste

Anyone else, DONT MAKE ME pm everyone....!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

I'll post later when I have more time.
Win10 Pro x64 / Razer Mamaba Wireless / Tecware 87 Key Mechanical
3xSceptre E255B-1658A 24.5" 165Hz + NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 19" (in 3+1 configuration)

R.I.P. Father Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ste

Thats fine.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Who exactly is allowed in here at the moment, as far as I can tell, only mods/admins at the moment?
Currently, yes. DMo has a topic in the top TF2 forum about invitations.

Quote:
TF2 could prehaps be a special forum in which a member would need to prove themselves before being allowed access? Maybe post requirement or at least how mature they are in the eyes of the mod/admin. (That is how much respect they show to other members?) For example, just as I suggested some members who should be allowed in here, I can think of a few who should never be allowed in here unless they rewire their brains. Such as, norcent, Kman and theend187, among many others..
We have discussed criteria, but have not set anything solid as yet. Now would be a good time to try to cement this process.

Quote:
What exactly is allowed in here, Ive seen time and again, that we can talk of things more broad in here while still respecting other people and thier opinions, but what exactly does that mean? Can we talk of Cheating in single player games, or illegal torrents, torrent client, downloading, political opinion threads, religion, Assisted suicide and others? What can we put here, cause I got alot I wanna start..
Except for the illegal, yeah. Illegal is still illegal and would implicate Tech-Forums should someone be arrested. Many "talk around" illegal terminology, such as suggesting that one talk to Mr. Torrence to find a solution.

The other, such as religion or politics, would be fair game as long as people acted civil. Many will never be allowed into TF2 for this simple fact.

Quote:
So long I have waited for a forum, any forum where the rules are less enforced so long as we can respect others... Its really ashame we can't talk about some things. But will it be a problem here, if we only allow long time and level headed members/mods/admins??
This is the place for it, as well as discussing higher level stuff without having some 15 year old know-it-all try to tell everyone how it is done. Now that we have a full stable of great mods it is time we looked to getting this place swinging.
Win10 Pro x64 / Razer Mamaba Wireless / Tecware 87 Key Mechanical
3xSceptre E255B-1658A 24.5" 165Hz + NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 19" (in 3+1 configuration)

R.I.P. Father Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

So far, as Trotter said, only the Forum Leaders can see this forum or even know it's here (unless someone of the Forum Leaders have told others). For all the intent and purposes of this forum, please read the "invitations" thread.

Dave