[WORKLOG] PYZCHO B!TCH II (Harper's New Tower Case Modification)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i noticed that about 5 min after i posted

looks awesome i too have a monster case cept mine has more hard drive bays

12 of em heh!

but only 5 x 5.25 inchers

gaara said:
what tool were you using to level the front panel?
I used a thin line belt sander.

THIN LINE BELT SANDER - The bright orange / red tool on the left.

I was hoping to use my dad's dremel, but the dremel bits were lock up in another cupboard.

aspire.comptech said:
yeah i noticed that about 5 min after i posted

looks awesome i too have a monster case cept mine has more hard drive bays

12 of em heh!

but only 5 x 5.25 inchers

I should of posted this sooner. The orginal specs for this case are here
Drive Bays
5.25" : 6/0(external/internal) = TOTAL 6 BAYS
3.5" : 2/5(external/internal) = TOTAL 7 BAYS

P.P. Mguire said:
Damn all i have is a 2-1/8 so it looks like i gotta go buy one.
It's money well spent. I remember with my last case trying to do the same thing with a jig saw

..... never again

LOG ENTRY - 05/09/05

I went down to JAYCAR Electronics. I picked up a 120 mm fan filter.

However while I was down there, they had some 80mm flexible piping that I could use with my CPU heat sink. With this product, I will be able to direct the out air (which is normally 10 degree less than inside the case) directly on the CPU.
I have also pick up a 80 mm fan filter for this piping too.
I can not wait in install it, but I don't see that happening for at least another 2 weeks.

Anyways, I got home and mounted the 120mm fan filter on the front of the case frame.

Between now and the week end, I am going to shop around a little bit for cans of spray paint. Although my dad as a professional air compressor, I don't want to use it (in fear of ****ing it up) for shuck a little job.

The local hardware near my worked wanted about AU$7 per can. I am just going to shop around a little more as I think I can do better.

P.P. Mguire said:
I suppose it would be well worth it. I would use it alot on cases but i dont have the money right now.
The piping was a little more than what I wanted to pay for it. But then again, I don't have any of my suppliers that can wholesale me this product.

But if I can blow out side air onto my CPU Heat Sink, as appose to the hot air in the case on the hot heat, that it would be much better.

I just wish that the case would allow me to mod a 120mm fan for this as appose to 80mm fan. Not to worry.
I don't want to have any fans sticking on side panel (like my current one)

Log Entry - 05/09/05 II

After tearing up my bed room, I finally found the design that I wanted to put on the side of my case.
Here is the orginal image

I am debating if I want to keep the design looking like it where all the black line are going to be the actual case panel. This will mean that I will need to have a slight halo around the image to define where the image finished.
The finish product will look some thing like this

DESIGN ONE

Otherwise, I am thinking about inverting the design, and either having it in silver or white. And my side panel will look some thing like this.

DESIGN TWO

Suggestions would be nice

Now for my next problem.... zombie studios is no longer in business. So I need to find an alternitive.

Again, suggestions plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom