Why cant I OC my GTX 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I re-installed vista today and reinstalled all of my drivers. I installed riva tuner and went to OC my GTX 260 and all it lets me do is fan control. I downloaded the most recent version of riva tuner from guru3D.com and the latest drivers from nvidia (186.18)

Id like to be able to OC my card for folding and gaming... Do I need a different version of riva tuner?

The last two nVidia drivers are not recognized as "certified" (to call it something) by Riva Tuner. There is an option in Riva Tuner, I'm in bed on my laptop now, so can't point the exact location, where you can override this. Look around, if you don't find it I'll check it on my desktop when I wake up and post it.

sounds like digital driver signing has got you, really there is nothing you can do about it. i have tried every thing but i have not gotten past it. just use EVGA precision to overclock.

I managed to get it working but I can't remember or find how. I just don't have the correct driver info in RT any more, but it still overclocks and all.

Where is that option located?

Sorry somehow passed over this thread.

It's located under the driver settings. Open Riva, under the heading driver settings click on the customize button, click on the first icon (system settings). On the first page that opens with the tab overclocking there is a check box at the top that says "enable driver-level hardware overclocking". Make sure it's checked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom