The Tech Forums Official Crysis [Warhead] GPU Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya to test cpu you have to play with a low resolutions, so we can both do 1024x768 and 800x600

cpu @ 389*9 3504
low except Physics=VeryHigh

Run #1- DX9 800x600 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: Custom ~~ Overall Average FPS: 141.925
Run #1- DX9 1024x768 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: Custom ~~ Overall Average FPS: 142.48

seems to work ok

grandmother and eggs? hrmm, i don't understand that one? lol

teaching his grandmother to suck eggs

its an expresion meaning
teaching someone who was more experienced than he

ahh, i get it.. and i don't know if i can use very high on any settings under xp.. i'm at work anyway.. lol and i'll be installing vista wheni get home.. soo, you should be able to expect something later on tonite

and 1 other question... is this warhead.. cuz i don't have warhead

anddddd, if u r vista... lets both also do a 1280x1024 all very high... and if you have 1680x1050 or 1920x1080.. we should do those on very high as well

lets see if the 896 mb makes a difference at high res and higher textures compared to 512mb x 2

it should... with more textures and vertices the extra framebuffer should really help you over a 512MB card... here's my score with my hd4850 (i hate that it doesnt support CF properly)

54.617 fps
HIS Radeon HD 4850 @ 740MHz/1090MHz
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.74GHz
Windows XP Black Edition x86 (really need to get the 64-bit edition)

aw72q9.png

EDIT: and no you cant use very high on XP, they're DX10 features which is only supported by Vista

it should... with more textures and vertices the extra framebuffer should really help you over a 512MB card... here's my score with my hd4850 (i hate that it doesnt support CF properly)

54.617 fps
HIS Radeon HD 4850 @ 740MHz/1090MHz
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.74GHz
Windows XP Black Edition x86 (really need to get the 64-bit edition)

aw72q9.png

EDIT: and no you cant use very high on XP, they're DX10 features which is only supported by Vista

Theres two benchmarks in this thread, crysis and crysis warhead. warhead lets you run very high in dx9.

Normal crysis

Run #1- DX10 1280x1024 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: VeryHigh ~~ Overall Average FPS: 40.815
Run #1- DX10 1600x1200 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: VeryHigh ~~ Overall Average FPS: 27.86
Run #2- DX10 1900x1200 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: VeryHigh ~~ Overall Average FPS: 23.3

Theres two benchmarks in this thread, crysis and crysis warhead. warhead lets you run very high in dx9.

oh yeah... true that... totally forgot the little [warhead] in the title (mind you he did say he doesn't have warhead)... but yeah, at very high settings, with the addtional textures, etc, the extra framebuffer will help out, even over 2x512MB cuz the CryEngine2 is pretty hopeless when it comes to CF or SLI, although Warhead has gotten alot better for these multi card setup

xtremesystems.org/forums

i spend hours of my freetime reading there.... very interesting forum seeing world champs overclock n stuff

and anywho.... i found someone in the extreme cooling business on xs

i will be buying me a pot for dry ice whenever i get the chance.... also along with proper insulation and whatnot.. i may want to buy a backup motherboard before i do that though

and bongwizard, did you pencil mod your 4850's.. i was not able to break the 700mhz barrier on my cards when i owned em

oh yeah... im with you now... i've read a little bit at xs, i just read a bit of whatevers interesting me at the time (which could change hourly!)

yeah i had to pencil mod it to get beyond 1.2V (ATI builds a sweet value card and then doesnt let us to push it to the limit... what a world we live in...), but even with a pencil mod i think the most i could get out of the card was 1.4V, but at that point it was starting to get hot and kept crashing when i did stability tests... i think i could probably get it up a bit higher (maybe up to around 780/1125 or more) with a better cooler... when i was OCing my cards everyone said "oh yeah dood... the DuOrbs are the shweeeetest cooler out... they totally kill Zalmans maaan..." turns out they really dont (as far as i can tell)... but im thinking of building a sick custom water setup soon anyways... if i do i'll definitely be adding blocks for the GPUs

EDIT: oh yeah... if you're thinking about gettin dry ice, why not splurge and grab n extreme cooler like the OCZ Cryo-Z or the ECT Mach II GT? sure they're hella expensive, but its gonna last you way longer than the amount of dry ice or liquid nitrogen you'd get for the same price... just a suggestion, but its something worth looking into for someone like you (that is if you havent already)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom