Star Trek Case Mod: "TRICORDER SHEIK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Saxon, Have you watched our "Mod Men" web series? YouTube - ‪MonsterMawd's Channel‬‏

This morning I'll be sleeving the Sentry this Silverstone FP34S Premium 3.5inch Bay Card Reader & Front I/O combo module, David chose this model mainly for it's card reader and headphone jack. It's from performance-pcs here It will be mounted in the new top panel. I chose Bulgin's "Orange Dot" for the Main Power button from performance-pcs, here

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9x.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9y.jpg

The Sentry's display screen will be mounted in the top bezel opening. A 22mm Bulgin "Orange Dot" vandal resistant switch will be the Power button.

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod5.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod6.jpg

another caption by EEL :clap:

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_caption9a.jpg

Yea I have been watching Mod Men, given me a urge to play with a dremmel more than a few times, I seriously think that it should be on the TV though as your work is nothing short of epic.

Thank you! Tonight we'll be milling the aluminum panels and inlay plate for the side panel with the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) design, which will be slightly larger than whats show in this screenshot.

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z4.jpg

The top cover will have a compartment...hmm for what?

star_trek_pc_case_mod_3D_drawing9b.jpg

The compartment lid consists of one sheet of 1/8" thick aluminum and 1/8" Opaque red cast acrylic

star_trek_pc_case_mod_3D_drawing9c.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_caption6.jpg

Last night the larger aluminum side panel plates took two hours apiece to mill. They exceed the travel space of the mill, so they had to be re-positioned for each side.

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z5.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z6.jpg

Made a temporary Tapping block as guide when manual tapping blind screw holes on backside of the larger aluminum panel.

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z7.jpg

Blind hole tapped for 8/32 machine screw

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z8.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9.jpg

Caption by EEL!

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_caption9c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom