Overclocking a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack

Baseband Member
Hey,

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000, ATI X300 Mobility Radeon, 1.73GHZ Celeron CPU. I was planning on buying a cooling device for my laptop. Mainly this one:

Newegg.com - Spire Pacific Breeze Notebook Cooler Model SP300-NEB - Retail

I was planning on overclocking just a little bit, to get somewhat of a performance boost, but I don't know how much I should. My computer doesn't have any overheating problems right now, but I'm afraid to do this myself because I've never overclocked anything, as such, I don't know much about it. If someone could give me some tips, it would be the bomb...no pun intended, if you don't get that, just ask :)

Thanks,
- Flappy

Thanks, that was very helpful. Anyone else?

Some labtops you can overclock. But its not wise.

Common, think about it, Labtops internal components are already hot. And Overclocking increases heat Production.

Dur durr durr durr!

Edit: Reguardless of what cooling you buy its still not a good idea to OC anything in a labtop.

Some labtops you can overclock. But its not wise.

Common, think about it, Labtops internal components are already hot. And Overclocking increases heat Production.

Dur durr durr durr!

Edit: Reguardless of what cooling you buy its still not a good idea to OC anything in a labtop.

Well I've read some people overclocking their laptops by about 10-15%, with that cooling and everything works fine for them.

Good luck to you then..

The reason why noone can directly answer your question is because people who have success when OCing thier labtops are rare and far inbetween.

Im not saying you will have a problem I just wouldn't reccomend doing it.

Again, Good Luck.

Okay, thanks a bunch for the replies guys, I shall be quite weary. I'm using ATI Tool to do this, what kind of increments should I increase in for mem and core speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom