*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

yeah but i don't wanna go through the hassle of trying to get rid of my 3850.

but it would still be better then xfire with 2 3850's
I don't think the difference will be big though. only a few hundred points:
Radeon HD 3870 /w QX9650 Preliminary Test - Page 8 - VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum!
compared with:
Legit Reviews - ATI Radeon HD 3850 CrossFire Video Card Review - 3DMark 2006

both those are with Q9650's

o man, thats nice.
good luck on everything.
you should be able to get to about 19k on 3dmark...maybe more since you got a wc rig.
if I get over 19K, that would be funny. There would probably be a few people annoyed that their system was beaten by one with a K8 processor.

Ok well not matter what combinations i try i cant break my 19600 score. either the computer crashes during the test, or i end up getting a lower score. I give up. I'll resume benchmarking once the new cards come out in february, or i may throw my third GT in the rig and try that whole tri sli thing when my stepup comes in. Then i'll jsut sell the card as new on ebay and say its been opened to make sure it wasnt doa :p

Ok well not matter what combinations i try i cant break my 19600 score. either the computer crashes during the test, or i end up getting a lower score. I give up. I'll resume benchmarking once the new cards come out in february, or i may throw my third GT in the rig and try that whole tri sli thing when my stepup comes in. Then i'll jsut sell the card as new on ebay and say its been opened to make sure it wasnt doa :p

again.. Tri-SLi only works w/ 8800gtx and 8800 ultra

there are 2 sli connectors on each 8800gtx and ultra, while the 8800gt only has 2....

tri-sli 8800gtx for me someday ;) the day i go watercooling is the day that will happen... so maybe march/april.. hahaha

Heh, how useless. They make tri-sli for a card that is over a year old and is only 2 months from being useless. Cant wait for the new cards, i think im just going to sell off my 2nd gt and buy an x38 board. Sli is really not worth the effort, and the only reason i ever bothered with it is because i got a great deal on the cards. Its seriously been more of a pain in the *** than it was worth. Just for shins and giggles i reset my cmos and ran another 3dmark06 test, with everything at stock settings, even with SLI turned on, i only hit 10500. Kinda sad that my overclocking settings make that big of a difference.

lol its all gravy, the gtx is still king of hill w/ the ultra... so i'm okay w/ it.. i'm sure they did it on purpose, as they wanna leave it to the people willing to throw out the big bucks, because those are th only people that'll even consider tri-gpu's

Back
Top Bottom