OCing 2600k cant reach 4.5ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvuong

Baseband Member
Hello!

I'm trying to oc my i7-2600k but every time i do so using the easy method of just clicking "extreme" where it overclocks to 4.2 to 4.5ghz i'll bsod after 5 to 10 minutes, my temperature is fine i'm using p67 sabertooth motherboard 8gb corsair dominators, sapphire hd 6970 and i cant get to a stable overclock.

8gb 2x4 corsair dominator ram 1600
p67 sabertooth asus motherboard
corsair h50
64gb kingston ssd
1tb WD caviar black
sapphire hd 6970
nzxt phantom
corsair hx800 psu
creative xtremegamer x-fi sound card

Manually overclock it. What are you using for a heatsink? The stock heatsink? Your temperature is fine? What do you consider fine? What memory settings are you using? You need to post some screenshots of CPU-Z and HWMonitor after you ran a benchmark like LinX or Prime95 (for at least 20 minutes) at stock speeds.

i'm using a corsair h50 water cooler; idle temps are around 30; under load is around 50

not really looking for extreme overclocks 4.2ghz to 4.5ghz is the OC using the "easy" method but the problem i'm having is that its not stable. I'm reading around and hear the my cpu should easily be able to OC to 5ghz.

Don't double post, use the edit button (looks like a pencil).

I will not help you overclock unless you post the screenshots and run the benchmarks.

Edit: and the Corsair H50 was a poor choice though it should be good for 4.2 to 4.5GHz

thing is when i run a benchmark i bsod;

what do you recommend for cooling, i heard good things about h50 but i guess not for OCing

Hello, 1 using an easy tune softwar is not the best way to overclock your system. Each cpu is different and therefore should be overclocked manually. The first thing I would do if you haven't already is stress test the system at stock cpu speed. This way you know the system is stable before overclocking. If it is running stable without the oc then you know it was the cpu oc that was causing the bsod. My first thought was you said at load you was getting only 50°c. If this reading is correct them the vcore is probably to low. Although 5+gz is not unheard of, not every 2600k is going to make it there. You need to post some info about your system before anyone is really going to get into depth with this. There also a ton of guides floating around online that will help you. Just remember that you overclock your system at your own risk. I or nobody else is responsible for a bad overclocking that my result in damage to your system.

thing is when i run a benchmark i bsod;

what do you recommend for cooling, i heard good things about h50 but i guess not for OCing

Run the benchmark with the CPU at it's stock settings. If it BSOD at the stock settings you'll never overclock it successfully. If it BSOD we need to know the error message and the STOP*** Code.

It a poor choice when you can buy a better performing cooling solution for less money.

If the H50 is overkill then why is he having problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom