Need accurate program to monitor brisbane cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookster264

In Runtime
I haven't pushed my oc very far because I can't find reliable cpu temperatures.

Here is a screen shot of Everest Home, Speedfan, and Core temp.
Everest and Speedfan show my CPU temp at 53*c. Core temp shows core 1 at 15*c and core 2 at 16*c. Do you add the two core temps together for a total, or is it just completely off?
Temperatures.jpg

Reason I ask is because here is my CMOS temperature readings. CPU shows 35*c. You can see I have it at a moderate oc right now with my vcore at 1.4v and DIMM at 2.19v.

BIOS.jpg

And here is CPUz showing the oc I am running right now.

CPUz.jpg

Is there a program that can accurately monitor my temps? Sorry for the long thread, I just wanted to be thorough.

I'm guessing the Everest/speedfan temps are right.

I find it hard to believe that my cpu is running at 53*c without load.

Try downloading ntune though since you have a nforce chipset.

I just downloaded nTune, but it is only monitoring my GPU, not my CPU. Everest is showing very similar GPU temps to what is reporting with nTune though.

I find it hard to believe that my cpu is running at 53*c without load.

I just downloaded nTune, but it is only monitoring my GPU, not my CPU. Everest is showing very similar GPU temps to what is reporting with nTune though.

ah 53 idle would be a bit worrying :)

And nvmonitor doesn't report your CPU temperatures?

hmm.
no, everest is not correct.
try downloading a newer version of ntune, i have the same chipset and nvmonitor shows all temps. and it is the only accurate temp program you will find for a brisbane.
at least, it will be closest to the temp in bios, which should be pretty close in any event.
there is a debate right now about whether the brisbanes temp sensor is accurate...really if it even works.

Thanks nagasama. I've never been able to trust the temps reported in those other programs. I don't know why my first download of nTune was an older version. I got it from MajorGeeks and it was the version added on July 13th. Anyway, it looks like I finally got a temp monitoring program. Now time to oc a bit more. Thanks again.

nTuneMonitornew.jpg

np amigo, by the way that cpu temp you have showing in nvmonitor is much more friendly!
hey man thats a spankin oc on your video card too. if you get a chance, run 3dmark06 wouldja?
i'd like to compare it to one of my 7900gs' and see how they compare. leave all your other settings the same and i will match mine up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom