Middle Fan in Antec P180 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham

In Runtime
Okay, so I ordered a 120 mm antec tri-cool LED fan to replace the unused HDD cage in the middle of my antec p180 case, and the **** fan came with 4 tiny grub screws and no instructions. There are no threads in the fan mounting or on the case so I am going insane trying to think of how to install this fan without resorting to crappy methods.

Has anyone installed a fan where the middle HDD cage is and if so can you explain how you did it?

Yes sir I most certinaly did..

For starters I couldn't use the bracket that came with the case... because I have hard drives in the HDD cage and couldn't move them anywhere else.. If I had mounted the fan with the bracket It would have been to wide and I wouldn't have been able to fit the cage back in. I removed the mounting bracket and mounted the fan directly on the case.. If you open your top front air intake and take off the filter you can see the holes in each corner..

You on the other hand can remove the HDD cage.. So take out the bracket (Highlighted incase you don't know what im talking about)

Mine was a little hard to get out...
p180_2_fs.jpg

This bracket should have holes in it... this is what you attach your fan to.. If your fan dosen't have holes in it.. Line it up with the bracket and use it as a template and drill holes in it.. then use the screws to attach the fan and bracket.. then just slide the bracket back in place.

Thanks for the help guys.

But.... out from no where I was compelled to screw those grub screws through that plastic mount onto the fan, and guess what: the **** things made their own threading. I suppose the screw is designed for such a purpose for multiple mounting situations? I can easily unscrew and screw them back in to.... very peculiar but also very relieving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom