Good OC'ing ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing faster than that? It's at cas 3 with high timings, or will this not matter?

i cant find the LA from *.skill on newegg anymore looks like there sold out...:(

i think your better off getting the higher rated ram sense 2GB wont really OC very well

If you are serious about overclocking, you do not want 1GB modules are they have poor latency which will limit overclocking potential

Get yourself some *.Skill LAs while they are still around, they were dirt cheap last I checked and won't be around much longer...I know for a fact they're still using TCCD on brainpower PCBs

Other than that there's really no way of telling what type of ICs memory are using these days...Samsung has been cutting down TCCD production for a while now and many manufacturers, OCZ being one, now uses the inferior TCC* ICs

BH-5 ICs are another good alternative, specifically if you are on a budget as they are much cheaper than TCCDs, however you need to make sure you can feed them to appropriate vdimm as well as the have the appropriate cooling for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom