Finally, I found the xfer cable for the digital camera.
Be gentle, this is my first case mod...
This is my saga, the case mod nightmare.
I got this pretty nice lookin G4 case from my High School Tech Office, along with all the bits they didnt need, (a mac PSU, a 54x CD drive, and a Zip100 drive, all trash) I gutted the case with relative ease, though the CD/Floppy brackets are stuck in there good (if anyone else is thinking of doing this, a hammer and a chunk of wood help, just put the wood against the brackets, and whale away)
After taking this thing apart, I tried to figure out how to mount a motherboard in the proximity of where the mac mobo was(the side of the case), while working around the other stuff, like the mechanism to open the case. After doing this, marking out where to cut holes, and doing so,(about 3 hours of work) i mounted the board, and closed the case... about 9/10s of the way. The heatsink was bumping the PSU when the stupid mac door/mobomount closed. So i figured, "Meh, ill just cut a little corner out of the heatsink so it will fit. I cut the corner out of my stock heatsink, and it closed... but not all the way. The RAM was now hitting the CD drive.
Now this was starting to get me angry. I thought of mounting the mobo in the bottom of the case, but again, there wasnt enough room, about half an inch shy. But then I realized, theres a plastic shell over the outside of the case, and if i cut a slot for the mobo in the side of the case, and mount it up there, no one will be able to tell, cuz the plastic will hide it... so I did! This worked fine, but presented a few extra problems. The rear of the mobo was now in a position where the audio/video ports were trying to peek out of part of the door/mac mobo mount. So I cut that off, and Gorilla-Glued it to the rest of the case, resulting in a normal looking case (if u ignore the massive holes in the rear where my first mobo-mount failed) After cutting another slot in the opposite side for the mobo to have some breathing room, and making a plexiglas mounting pedistal, we were good to go... or not. The stupid Mac power button works a little differently than the Biostar board, and i didnt feel like spending hours on figuring out where all the pins/wires should hook up, so i grabbed my Dremel tool and hot glue gun and "fixed" it. basically, i took the power button assmebly the Mac had, tossed it, and hotglued the Biostar power button behind it, so when u pressed the mac button, it pressed the original button, and turned it on! W00t!
So, I turned it on.... and my HD DIED. Gave me some fooked up error about some missing System folder, and when i tried to reinstall windows, it INSISTED that the disk was not formatted. So... i reformatted and reinstalled windows. It did its stupid half hour long thing... and died. It hung at the "Windows is adjusting ur display settings..." screen, and on reset, gave me the same error. So i tried it again, same thing. I tried it one more time (after posting here) without my vid card, and WOOHOO! it werkd! I reinstalled Catalyst and popped my card in there. W00T! Its done!!
Thankyou Mountain Lakes Tech Dept. for the case!!
The fruits of my labor: (Srry for the huge image sizes, theyre not hosted here)
Thanks To Imageshack.us for hosting!!
The Beast! (Sticker on the front was put on there from school, gotta clean that off....)
The rear of the case, hacked up by one failed attempt to mount a mobo
Guts. Yeah, that IDE cable IS really long....
The Amazing Levitating Mobo!
My Desk, adorned by the PC-Mac Mutt
Opinions, Questions, and Comments Welcome! (That is why I posted this here.)