E6600 Idle temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

STATus h2O

Baseband Member
Hey everyone. Just a quick question. I recently bought a E6600 with a eVGA 680i board, and I'm just curious about my idle temps. In the BIOS the idle temp registers at about 45-47 degrees. In Windows, when I run an application like Speed Fan, it says about 44-45 degrees. Not a big difference, but i'm just curious, are these normal idle temps? Last night I overclocked from 2.4 ghz to 3.0 ghz, and now my BIOS temps are 49-50 degrees. In Windows, Speed Fan says about 46-47C. What gives? I just want to make sure these are normal operating temperatures for an E6600. Thanks !

Hey everyone. Just a quick question. I recently bought a E6600 with a eVGA 680i board, and I'm just curious about my idle temps. In the BIOS the idle temp registers at about 45-47 degrees. In Windows, when I run an application like Speed Fan, it says about 44-45 degrees. Not a big difference, but i'm just curious, are these normal idle temps? Last night I overclocked from 2.4 ghz to 3.0 ghz, and now my BIOS temps are 49-50 degrees. In Windows, Speed Fan says about 46-47C. What gives? I just want to make sure these are normal operating temperatures for an E6600. Thanks !

let me just whip out my crystal ball... ok, sorted.
no, those temperatures are abnormal, and this month holds great surprises for you, young child. Look to the wolf for advice, and beware the number 3, as she brings bad news on the wind.

Dude, wtf. Before anyone can tell you anything about your temps, we need to know exactly what your situation is. Even with a well ventilated rig, you may be running GTX sli, in which case your temps will be way higher. List your components, case, WHAT COOLING YOU HAVE - air (stock or 3rd party), water, phase etc lol. Put yourself in someone elses position before you post, we have no idea what you're running!

I'm running the E6600 with a stock heatsink and fan, eVGA 680i board, an 8800GTX, in an Lian Li case. I have two exaust fans (one on back of case, one on top), and one intake (right above the 8800 GTX.)

It's probably because, you're still using stock heatsink and fan on the e6600. Invest in a 3d party HSF, like the Zalman 9700, or better, the Tuniq. You'll notice a nice drop in temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom