Can Northbridge Temps slow down Ocing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
i realized my northbridge was running so hot that it literally burned my fingure, i cleaned it and put some AS5 on it but i was wondering if high temps on the North bridge can slow down my overclocking since i could only get 2.33GHz out of 2.2ghz stock?

BTW im running 533mhz on my RAM, so thats no help

The FSB is located in the NB, so temperatures will have an effect on your overclocking.

Or is it the HT Link that's located in the NB?

Or is it the HT Link that's located in the NB?

LoL no. The whole point of HT is that it dosent have a northbridge. The processor is connected directly to the RAM and dosent have to go through the NB to access the RAM, unlike in Intel systems. This results in much higher memory bandwidth and latency.

In AMD systems, the equivalent of the NB is the on die memory controller, which is integrated into the proceesor itself.

ahh ok...Thanks. I'm not familiar with AMD, as you can see.

Vaanish said:
This results in much higher memory bandwidth and latency.
Wouldn't that be higher memory bandwidth, and lower latency?

well technically heat in general will hinder you from OC'n as far. even though the heat in the NB is not the direct cause, it still does produce alot of excess heat in the case. do you have pretty good airflow?

my air flow is as best as it can get, i just bought a mini fan that i will customize to attach to the heatsink
ill see what i can do from there, thanks guys

Thirsleft152 " 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy this"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom